Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'll admit it


I am addicted to sewing patterns. I need a sewing pattern 12 step program, quite frankly, because I just love patterns. It probably goes back to my grandmother, who worked for Pictorial Review in the early 20s, but who knows? I don't do much sewing, but I do love to look at the patterns I have -- and I have thousands.

My favorites are probably the 30s, just because they are so beautiful. I also love the children's patterns of the 20s, because many of the illustrations remind me of Mary Englebreit's illustrations (it's good to be queen). The 60s are fun for me too, because they remind me of sitting by my mom whilst she sewed us new clothes on her Necchi sewing machine.

So all in all, I guess that you can say that I love sewing patterns. I'm hoping that some of you will join me in a common appreciation for the blueprints of fashion, and tag along for a little blog adventure. Meantime, I'll share this lovely 40s tiered dress pattern, newly listed in my store. I can't imagine wearing this out to the movies, but it sure is pretty, and from the days when women dressed like women. Gorgeous, isn't it?

No comments: